Friday, September 23, 2005

The response: Taking Foothill Transit to the Los Angeles County Fair

In response to your complaint that the gate 1 stop at the Fairgrounds is not accessible for wheelchairs, I agree but what you have to do is call 1800RIDEINFO. We cannot do anything about the placement of the stop from this end. First Transit is only the contractor. You have to contact foothill with your concerns about this issue. In response to your incident with one of our drivers on 9/15/05, I want you to know that we take this issue very seriously here and the appropriate action will be taken to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your comment.


Here is the response from Phyllis Harrington, what should be done to change the gate 1 stop at the Fairgrounds bus stop?

I do apologize as I mistakenly sent your concern to the Pomona yard. Your concerns regarding wheel chair accessibility at gate 1 should have been directed to the Planning department. I will forward your e-mail to them so that they can address your concerns. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I received your comment this week regarding the bus stop at McKinley and Gate 1, near the Pomona Fairplex. I am aware of the bus stops located at the mentioned location. Foothill Transit has contacted the City of Pomona for the improvements. The City of Pomona stated that they have some kind of construction scheduled for this location; however, the time frame has not been determined. I will double check on the schedule of this construction. In the mean time, please feel free to utilize the nearest bus stop that meets ADA requirements at White and McKinley. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

No comments: